Dr. Kunwar Pal Singh
Dr. Kunwar Pal Singh
|Name of the scientist||Degree||Present position held||Telephone||Mobile no|
|Dr. Kunwar Pal Singh||Ph. D. (Animal Breeding and Genetics)||Principal Scientistemail@example.com||01662-278633 (o)||9468327843|
|Field of Specialization||Animal Physiology||Total No of Research Papers|
|No. Patents Granted / Filed||Acc. No. INDIA_BUFFALO_0400_BANNI_01011||National||40|
|No. of M.V.Sc. /M.Sc. Student Guided||4||International||9|
|Present No. of M.V.Sc./M.Sc. Students||Nil||Total no. of Books / Manuals||18|
|No. of PhD Student Guided||1||Total no. of popular articles||25|
|Present No. of PhD Student||Nil|
· Dr. C G Bhasker Memorial Gold Medal (2000)- Indian Veterinary Association.
· Best Poster Award (First)-2005: National Seminar Organized by SDAU & GLDB, Gujarat.
· Best Poster Award (First)-2010: International Buffalo Conference, New Delhi (ISBD).
· Best Article Award (Second)-2011: NBAGR-Hindi Magazine, Karnal.
· Prof. J P Trivedi Award 2012: ( Hari Om Ashram)- Gujarat Association for Agricultural Sciences.
· Best Poster Award (First)-2013: Indian Society for Animal Production and Management (ISAPM).
· Joint Secretary: Society for Conservation of Domestic Animal Biodiversity (SOCDAB), NBAGR-Karnal (2010-13).
· Banni Buffalo recognized as 11th buffalo breed of India-2010: ICAR, New Delhi and NBAGR, Karnal.
· Member Executive Committee: Society for Conservation of Domestic Animal Biodiversity (SOCDAB), NBAGR-Karnal (2005-10).
· Facilitation & Recognition by:-
1. Banni Breeder’s Association, Kachhch-Gujarat (2011).
2. Farmer’s Cooperative Milk Producers Union, “Sarhad Dairy” Kachhch (2011).
· Breed Registered: Banni Buffalo-11th Buffalo Breed of India (2010).
· Promising Technology: Tongue Colour: Phenotypic Marker for Identification of Nili-Ravi and Murrah Buffaloes.
· Life Member: Society for Conservation of Domestic Animal Biodiversity (SOCDAB), NBAGR-Karnal
· Life member: Indian Society for Buffalo Development (ISBD), CIRB-Hisar.
· Life member: Indian Society for small ruminant.
· Life member: Gujarat Agricultural Association of Science.
Institutional – Nil
External funded · Genetic Improvement of Murrah Buffalo (conti..1991): PI
· Genetic Improvement of Nili-Ravi (conti..1989): C0-PI.
· Computational identification and modelling of genetic variation to performance traits in buffaloes (2015-17):Co-PI.
Inter institutional – Effect of different feeding regimes on age at first calving in Nili-Ravi buffaloes (2013-17):P Co-PI.
International – Nil
Top Eight Research Publications
|1. Tanpure, P K Dudey, K P Singh, P Kathiravan, B P Mishra, S K Niranjan and R S Kataria (2012). PCR-SSCP analysis of leptin gene and its association with milk production traits in river buffalo (Bubalus bubalis).Trop Anim Health Prod. 41 (3): 1587-1592.||7.09|
|2. RK Pundir, PK Singh, K P Singh and P S Dangi (2011). Factor analysis of biometric traits of Kankrej cows to explain body confirmation. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci., 24 (4): 449-456.||6.64|
|3. B. P. Mishra, R. S. Kataria, P. Kathiravan, K. P. Singh, D. K. Sadana and B. K. Joshi (2010). Micrisattelite based genetic structuring reveals unique identity of Banni among river buffaloes of western India. Livestock Science, 127: 257-261.||7.25|
|4. B. P. Mishra, R. S. Kataria, P. Kathiravan, S. S. Bulandi, K. P. Singh and D. K. Sadana (2009). Evaluation of genetic variability and mutation drift equilibrium of Banni buffalo using multi locus microsatellite markers. Trop. Anim. Health Prod. 41: 1203-1211.||7.09|
|5. M. Sodhi; M. Mukesh; B. Prakash; B. P. Mishra; R. C. Sobti; K. P. Singh and S. P. S. Ahlawat (2007). Microsatellite marker based characterization of genetic diversity in Kankrej cattle. . Appl. Anim. Res., 31: 153-158.||6.12|
|6. K. P. Singh, S. P. Dixit, P. K. Singh, K. R. Tajane, Gurmej Singh and S. P. S. Ahlawat (2009). Economics of goat farming under traditional low input production system in north Gujarat region of India. Indian J. Anim. Sci., 79 (9):948-951.||6.13|
|7. K.P. Singh, R.R. Mishra, Rajendra Singh and A.P.Chaudhary (2002). Studies on reproductive traits in Landrace and Large White Yorkshire pigs. Indian J. Anim. Res. 36 (1): 27-30.||6.03|
|8. K.P. Singh, R.R. Mishra, Rajendra Singh and A.P.Chaudhary (2001). Path coefficient analysis of carcass weight in Landrace and Large White Yorkshire pigs. Indian J. Anim. Res. 35 (2): 135-137.||6.03|
This website belongs to , Indian Council of Agricultural Research, an autonomous organization under the Department of Agricultural Research and Education, Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India
Copyright © 2017 - All Rights Reserved - CIRB, Hisar